Find and Compare Green InvestingDiscover 174 Investment Options on Investnix
What is Green Field Investment?
Green Field Investment is a variety of FDI, also known as foreign direct investment. This type of investment is usually made by multinational companies where they established a foreign country's subsidiary. It starts the subsidiary business from scratch, constructing its business operations, building offices, and creating new facilities for its production. This kind of investment gives the parent company utmost control over its subsidiary, but this investment has a higher risk since it requires time and a large amount of capital.
Green Investing: Putting Your Money Where It Matters
Green Investing should be highly considered by everyone, especially if you want to make a difference for future generations to come. Green investment is about allocating your money in the form of investment in companies or certain projects that operate their business with environmentally-conscious practices. Most of the companies that provide top green investing opportunities have the objective of preserving natural resources. These projects help produce clean air, water, and other eco-friendly energy sources.
Here are some other advantages that you can gain through green investing:
- You can choose your green investment in companies that you are passionate about. If you don't have time to do volunteer work, you have another option: to invest in companies that provide services or goods that help the environment.
- The advantage of this kind of investment is a two-way street, both for you and the environment. You can gain more money than the amount you invested and help the Earth at the same time. However, do not forget there is always a risk in every investment type.
- In your small way of investing in these companies that support the environment's improvement, you make the world better, especially for the future generation.
Top Green Investing Opportunities
With the Earth's declining condition today, most companies are trying to change their ways by converting their operations into an eco-friendlier function. This step that businesses are now pursuing will improve the environment and provide new opportunities for your money to grow.
Listed below are the different type of industries that have the top green investing opportunities where you can put your money to greater use:
Green Power Investing
- There are several investment opportunities for you when it comes to industries that provide green power. As the growing concern regarding climate change continues to escalate, renewable energy is now the best option for electricity and water resources.
Water Commodity Investing
- Water is a basic need as a human; however, several countries experience water scarcity. This need for freshwater creates a demand for companies to create sustainable water management that you can invest in, such as Calvert Global Water Fund and First Trust Water.
Wind Power Investing
- Globally, countries are now opting for clean and renewable energy. More wind farms are being built, and companies that manufacture its turbines, and some of them are Vesta Wind Systems and Siemens Gamesa.
Organics and Sustainable Production of Food Investing
- Aquaculture and organic farms companies like Mowi ASA and Hain Celestial aim to promote good farming and food consumption practices. You can support these companies that encourage opting for organic food and fish farming by investing in them.
Solar Energy Investing
- Instead of patronizing coal power plants that can severely damage the environment, you can support solar energy and invest in these companies. There are several solar companies such as First Solar and Sunpower Corp. that install, manufacture, and improve the research for this kind of technology.
Waste Reduction and Recycling Investing
- There is a huge amount of waste that people produce each year, and without proper management, this would be a huge problem, especially on the Earth's water bodies. You can invest in companies like Waste Management and Clean Harbors, Inc. that promote proper recycling and reusing of materials, especially plastics.
Find Green Investing
Here is some guide to help you select which green investment companies should you choose:
Choose Between Passive or Active Funds for Your Investment
- Choosing between having passive or active funds depends on your investing goals and experience. Both funds have their pros and cons regarding their cost, how you can strategize your investment, and even their availability on the market. If you still have little knowledge of the two, it is best to consult an expert before investing your money.
Invest in a Company That You Are Passionate With
- What kind of goal do you want to achieve in making a difference for the environment? One of the questions you should ask yourself to choose the right company for you to invest in. Your personal goal and the company's objective or organization that you intend to choose should be on the same page.
- It is also important to know the end goal of the company before deciding to invest. Research the cause that they support and what kind of process they do during their production to avoid falling for the greenwashing trap. Several companies are using environmental campaigns to get the public's trust when doing the complete opposite of it.
Manage and Make Sure to Balance Your Investment Portfolio
- It is important to have a balanced portfolio to distribute the money you have invested equally to different industries. You have to assure that you are not only investing in a specific industry to avoid a great amount of loss in case the market declines. It is best to look for a company to invest in every industry so you can keep your investment portfolio well balanced.
What Kind of Impact Does Company Provide on Society?
- Look for an impact report that the company provides to its stakeholders. This report is usually released periodically, and it will help you check if it is still ideal to continue your investment or sell it. It is also one way to verify that the money that you have invested is used for a good cause and made a difference in society.
Best Green Investing Offers
If you are interested in making a difference with the investment you make, listed below are some of the companies that provide the best green investment offer that you can consider:
- Enphase Energy
- First Trust Global Wind Energy
- General Motors
- Li Auto
- NextEra Energy Partners
- Sunnova Energy
- United Natural Foods
Finally, investments are a good way for you to earn more money, and it will be better if that investment will help make a difference in the world. Big corporations are responsible for making a good impact on the world by changing their operation to more eco-friendly. If you also want to change and save the Earth in your little way, one action that can greatly contribute to saving the planet is by opting for green investment funds.